Effective marketing means more money for your roofing business. A strong marketing strategy is vital for any business hoping to succeed in today’s competitive roofing industry.
If you’re running a roofing company and want to stand out, you need to ensure your roofing marketing is on point.
There are several roofing company marketing strategies you can use to skyrocket your business. First, let’s go over some basics, including the profitability of a roofing company, types of marketing, and the benefits of roofing marketing.
Is the Roofing Business Profitable?
Are you wondering if being a roofing contractor is worth it? The roofing business can be profitable. Roofing services remain in high demand. With roofs being one of the most crucial components of any structure, this demand should increase.
However, the profit margins of a roofing company depend on certain factors, such as the size, type of services offered, and level of specialization.
Many roofing contractors are successful, especially when they are experienced and operate a well-run business. A stellar reputation and proper marketing can also make a big difference in increasing profits. Therefore, roofing marketing is crucial.
What Is Marketing?
Business marketing is the method of producing, communicating, and delivering value to consumers and managing customer relationships in ways that benefit both the brand and customers.
The process involves different strategies, including market research, product development, pricing, distribution, communication, and customer service. Marketing is essential for the success of your business.
It can generate more roofing leads and boost customer satisfaction. Today, marketing is prominently done through social media platforms, such as Instagram and Facebook, and Google Ads.
By making the effort, a roofing company owner will see the benefits of investing in roofing marketing campaigns.
Types of Marketing for Businesses
Roofing companies that want to put out marketing efforts can do so through two marketing channels. There are digital marketing and non-digital marketing (traditional marketing) strategies.
1. Non-digital Marketing
Traditional or non-digital marketing is the oldest form of marketing. It’s basically any method that is not online. This method includes phone, print, direct mail, broadcast, and outdoor advertising, such as billboards. From radio to newspaper advertisements, this type of roofing marketing strategy can be effective in reaching potential customers.
2. Non-digital Marketing Ideas
Listed below are traditional roofing marketing ideas you can use to advertise your quality services:
- Use direct mail services. Physical mail is not dead despite digital enhancements and the rise of social media. Distributing promotional material via postal service or any other courier business still works.
- Start referral programs. Encouraging word-of-mouth referrals is a great way to get more leads for your business. It will also increase your brand’s visibility and trustworthiness. Launch a referral program to reward your existing customers for spreading the word about your roofing company.
- Make phone calls. Nowadays, it’s rare to hear voices over the phone often. With instant messaging apps, fewer people pick up the phone to make a call. You can use the phone not just to sell but to thank customers, too. You can establish a connection by listening to their experience with your service or by personally offering discounts and other incentives.
3. Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is any marketing conducted online. This includes pay-per-click marketing, social media ads, and email marketing.
Due to the current social norms and technological advances, digital marketing has increased in popularity.
Digital Marketing Ideas
Listed below are some digital marketing efforts that roofing professionals can use:
- Create a business website. A professional website maximizes your online presence. You can set up your roofing website for SEO (search engine optimization), which helps it rank higher in the search results when people search for related terms in the roofing industry. Having a high-performing website can help you stand out from other roofing companies.
- Video marketing. This is an enormously effective strategy for a roofing company’s marketing. Most customers tend to choose watching videos as the most effective way to learn about your products.
- Paid advertising. Pay-per-click through platforms such as Google (Ads), Facebook, and other digital media have become more popular in the last decade. Advertising on Google and Facebook can be a powerful way to increase your customer base. It lets you reach your target audience with the right message at the right time. Organic engagement on social media can be hard to come by, but with paid ads, you can direct more interest and sales to your business.
- Market your company. Leveraging social media for your company is a sure way to get more business. Creating accounts on platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube will help you reach more people in less time. You can post before and after photos with customer testimonials. Reels demonstrating roofing hacks or videos about tips for roof maintenance can grab new customers’ attention. It also helps to engage with them in the comment section.
- Online reviews. Setting up profiles on review platforms such as Yelp and Google reviews can spread the word about your roofing services.
The Benefits of Roofing Marketing
You can enjoy several advantages of proper marketing:
1. Boost Revenue
A solid marketing plan will enable you to make more sales. It isn’t only used to acquire new buyers. Excellent marketing will also motivate further purchases from your current and past customers.
Using marketing approaches makes your business easier to remember, accessible when customers need what you provide, and more noticeable when people want to learn more about your services.
2. Stay Ahead of the Competition
An important aspect of marketing is to study what the competition is doing, from blog posts to website changes. This way, you can identify and follow the trends and know where you stand in comparison.
3. Better Leads
Business owners can generate more interest in their service. More roofing lead generation for your business can equal more sales.
4. Stronger Business-client Relationship
Loyal customers are essential for the long-term success of any business. Through marketing, you can strengthen the trust and loyalty of your clients and ensure that they keep coming back.
Can a Roofing Company Fail Without Marketing?
Although it isn’t the only contributing factor, a lack of proper marketing can lead to a roofing company’s failure.
Little or no marketing means a business lacks the resources to attract new customers, create and maintain relationships with current customers, and differentiate itself from competitors. Overall, marketing—when done right—attracts more business.
The Bottom Line
Marketing plays an essential role in expanding a business’s presence. It conveys the advantages consumers can gain by choosing your service over others. When marketing for roofing companies is done right, you can reap the benefits of a major boost in business.