Social media is one of the most important touchpoints that allows a potential customer to encounter a business. As new social media networks arise every day, it is important to keep up with the current trends and advertising services offered on each platform. The most common social media networks used for advertising purposes are Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Each of these social media networks will be beneficial for different reasons.
According to Web FX, 92% of all Twitter interactions are link clicks. Twitter offers three main options of social media advertising services, including Promoted Tweets, Promoted Accounts, and Promoted Trends.
- Promoted Tweets often feature a photo that can be linked to the company’s website.
- Promoted Accounts, where a company’s page would be targeted toward viewers who do not already follow it. Promoted Accounts would ideally drive the viewer to the company’s website or Twitter page and, ultimately, result in a follow from their account.
- The third and final means of advertising used on Twitter are Promoted Trends. As hashtags are already widely used across Twitter, they can now be promoted as well. Promoted Trends are used to build brand awareness by getting viewers to use the promotional hashtag in their own tweets.
Facebook also uses three main sources of advertising services. The three types of social media advertising services include image ads, video ads, and carousel ads.
- Image ads are the most common form of advertising on Facebook and typically include a call to action. Whether it is a discount or a new product, the image implies that something big will come from clicking on the ad.
- Video ads are beneficial in providing more information about a specific product or business, thus keeping viewers engaged.
- Carousel ads are a healthy mix of both image and video ads. This type of ad cannot be played out loud like a video, but it allows viewers to engage by clicking through a preview of the company’s products or services. Like an image ad, carousel ads often display a call to action, such as “Shop Now’ or “Learn More.”
According to AdEspresso, 78% of American consumers say they have discovered products on Facebook.
Like Facebook, Instagram also uses image ads, video ads, and carousel ads. While they are displayed differently on Instagram, their purpose is the same as those on Facebook. Story ads are what makes advertising services on Instagram unique. These types of ads are beneficial when targeting viewers who are browsing through other stories.
Story ads often have a link that can be clicked and a website to be directed to all while remaining within Instagram. This is ideal for audience members who do not want to leave Instagram to open another app or web page; they are now more likely to click on the ad and explore the business.
From a business perspective, social media advertising services are an effective means of marketing and can fit into any budget. According to Oberlo, 73% of marketers believe social media marketing has been “somewhat effective” or “very effective” for their business.
Padula Media is a great resource for companies and businesses looking to dive into the social media advertising world. Reach out to email@example.com for more information on how to get started.
Get ready for your Social Media journey.